- Use proper software for all proper purposes
- Clear electronic clutter
- Create systems for keeping electronic information organized
- Don’t rely on one device. Plan for disaster. Down time. Backup
- Protect your passwords.
- If sharing files, be careful of versions.
- When scanning documents, verify that all pages have been scanned and are facing proper direction
- Use same folder structure across all types of files (docs, e-mail, web favorites, etc.)
- Drag e-mail items to task
- Don’t use technology as a crutch